Making a garden room may seem like a DIY activity, but it is actually not. It is as good as making an extra room in the house. Apart from requiring the approvals from the building safety regulations authorities, it involves various other activities which are best done with the help of experts. Not all companies are capable of meeting your requirements. The most suited garden building company will be the one that has following things to offer:
- One stop solution: The company involved in garden buildings should be a one stop solution. It must have the expertise in making all sorts of garden buildings, such as:
- Garden rooms
- Combi rooms
- Garden offices
- Garden sheds
- Office pods, and others.
You must be clear in your mind about what you want the garden building to do for you; this is the only requirement of experts. Once you know the purpose, the experts should have building plan and designs to bring your idea into reality.
- Number of looks available in each category: The garden building experts must know how to utilize the space the best possible way. When you choose any type of garden building from the ones mentioned in the section above, you require flooring, electric fixtures, wall material, finishes, furniture and so on. The experts of the garden building should be able to provide you various looks. They can further save your time if they have prepared the list of materials required to achieve those looks in advance.
- Upfront quote: Garden building designers should offer the cost structure in advance. They should have an itemized quote ready for various budget sizes. The garden buildings do involve certain cost and you have your budget constraints too. So, if the company offers you the quote stating things such as materials cost, designing cost, construction cost, fixtures and installations cost, etc., you can know whether the idea is feasible for your pocket or not.
- Knowledge about safety parameters: Even if it is just a cabin on a side of the garden, it does need conforming to the safety regulations. Thus, the safety rules regarding the height, electricity fixtures, fire prevention measures, etc. should be in place. No matter how small or big the structure is, it is precious for the owner and other inhabitants. It cannot be risked in the want of safety regulations.
- Knowledge of various kinds of spaces: A garden room expert must know about the features and requirements of various types of spaces such as modern, rustic, contemporary, multi-utility and others. The look of each type is characterized by the presence of some specific elements like flooring styles, lighting, furniture, wall hangings, chimney and others. Designs, too, change according to the types mentioned. So, building experts knowing about these can offer the variety in looks. They may have 3D models prepared or has show samples in the show area to make clients comfortable with each design.
So, look for these features in the garden buildings company. If they provide end-to-end support like designing, construction, supplies, etc. it is a bonus and worth considering.